The Fourth Annual San José Poetry Festival, a celebration of diversity and cultural heritage, will begin with a day of readings and performances on Saturday, October 13, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Blessing/Invocation (9-9:30 a.m., Markham House): Kanyon Sayers-Roods
- Yuki Teikei Haiku Society (9:30-10:20 a.m., Renzel Room)
- Pranita Patel & Aparna Ganguly (10-10:50 a.m., Firehouse)
- VeteransWrite (10:30-11:20 a.m., Renzel Room)
- Keynote Address (11:30-12:20 p.m., Markham House): Matthew Zapruder;
- Lunch (12:20-1:30 p.m.)
- Yosimar Reyes (1:40-2:30 p.m., Firehouse)
- Samantha Lê & Barbara Jane Reyes (2:00-2:50 p.m., Renzel Room)
- Kalamu Chaché & Lisa Rosenberg (2:40-3:30 p.m., Firehouse)
- MK Chavez & Yaccaira Salvatierra (3:00-3:50 p.m., Renzel Room)
- Spoken Word (4:00-5:00pm, Markham House)
San José Poetry Slam & Yesika Salgado (7:00-10:00 p.m. Works/San José)
Saturday small press fair and author tables, open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2018 San José Poetry Festival presented by Poetry Center San Jose
When: Saturday, October 13, 2018 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Where: The Edwin Markham House in History Park (1650 Senter Road, San José, CA)
Please visit Poetry Center San José for October 14 workshop information and ticket information.